Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Something I've Noticed

I think a person's room says a lot about them. So whenever I happen to be in the room of a friend, I like to observe what's on display, or lying about. It really gives you a good sense of a person, you know?

And oh my gosh guys, stop having such clean rooms you're like goals.

Okay back to the point.

Usually there's a bookshelf (basically all my friends are bookworms), so I like to study all the books. Sometimes I recognize a few, and happily fangirl because they've read the same books as me. Or I'll see books I've never heard of. Some shelves have more items on display that books, or more books that should be humanly possible to fit on the shelf.

Then you see their desk, which ranges from perfectly neat to everything lives there. Sometimes there are pictures, which obviously have a bit of meaning to the person, or possibly a notebook. Or paper. Lots of paper. Whatever suits their needs.

Everything says something about that person, and I think that's really cool. Like, if it wasn't considered creepy, I'd probably sit in a person's room for a while and try to discern everything I could about them. Because that's just cool to me.


But you know, there's something that perplexes me. Like, a lot.

Apparently other people don't use every square inch of their room for storage?? Like seriously, tell me your secrets of how you guys have such clean rooms. You've got a lovely bed and desk, neat shelves, and nice things hanging on the wall. The corners are clear of random things being propped against them, and it just has a very clean feel.

If my room was that nice, I'd have done so many more things with my life.

In contrast, my room has three small, but overcrowded bookshelves and a desk that houses basically everything despite my attempts to keep it clean. Whether my bed is made doesn't matter, because it's usually covered in my weaponry that I still need to mount to the walls, there are books on every surface in the room (including the floor, as I've run out of table space), my walls are covered with NRA Certificates and signed playbills, I have Lego's on display everywhere, there's a random keyboard in the middle of the room because I still haven't gotten around to selling it... Oh, and an exercise ball sits beside my desk, with my saddle on it because I haven't built a stand yet, and underneath my bed is ridiculously full.

That sounds like a lot of stuff, right? I'm not even finished here, I've got three shelves mounted on the wall with books, Lego's, and Disney memorabilia, stuffed animals that I can't bring myself to get rid of on every extra surface, three cupboards full of old models builds and models I've collected over the years, and lastly all the most random things stuffed in my desk, from a hoard of binders filled with my writing, to wooden knives and lock picks. Like seriously, my room is packed.

I don't even know where I got all this stuff.


Basically, when you walk into my room, expect a lot of stuff. 

It just confuses me when I walk into someone's room, and I don't see rolled up posters propped in a corner, or maybe a briefcase shoved to the side. You guys are so neat, go you! Like seriously, you want something, my room probably has it. I don't even know what's under my bed anymore... it's kind of a scary place.

So tell me, what do you think when you see another person's bedroom? I hope I'm not the only one looking at stuff and analyzing the person to understand them better. And hey, what's your room like? Lemme know in the comments. Unless that's creepy. In which case I'll back away slowly...

5 comments:

  1. Ok, you've just described EVERYTHING on how I feel about this. I totally understand how you feel: Goes to friend's house. Friend: "Sorry about the mess..." Me:*Looks around, sees nothing*.
    Now, when we have guests over, I usually clean up my room, because it's usually a pit. Any other time I clean it is when I...um *Awkwardly looks at feet* can't walk through it anymore. But ANYWAYS... My secret to having a clean room is I have a ton of storage space in my closet, and my seats. The bench seat I sit on at my desk actually is hollow inside, and I keep storage in there. I have a ceder chest that keeps a bunch of keep-sakes and odds and ends. Then I have a dresser that holds a ton of my arts and crafts, as well as odds and ends. So, yeah. It's basically how you put your room together I guess.
    (And don't be ashamed. I still have a dozen or so stuffed animals I can't get rid of either. I mean common! I can't get rid of Twinkle!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I can't even begin to tell you how many times my friends have apologized for a mess. I'm just like, "guuurl you fine, this ain't a mess it's just piece of lint in the air."

      I've tried cleaning my room when guest come over... and often failed horrifically. So when I apologize for a mess, it's usually because the floor is COVERED LIKE DON'T JUDGE. XD

      Hm, that's not a bad idea. I could really use more storage space... or maybe less stuff...

      Delete
  2. It is kind of awesome how someone's room can reflect them so much. :') My mum was in my room the other day and she hadn't been in for a while and she was just like "Woah there's so much to look at". XD HAHAHA. Because my room is pretty packed too! Bookshelves and my craft table and MORE BOOKSHELVES and then I have book plot outlines and zentangle drawings on the wall and origami mobiles hanging from the ceiling and...I think it's awesome. I think it can reflect our brains right?!? Like are creative people more likely to have tons of stuff around?! IT'S ALL VERY INTERESTING. XD

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL THE BOOKSHELVES. Haha yeah, random book outlines scattered across the floor... my brother walked in on me once when I had like, five book plots/drafts/bleh scattered on the floor. He just sorta backed away slowly. XD

      Hm, yes, that would make sense. So I'm not messy, I'm just creative. BOW DOWN TO ME! Erm... well that happened.

      And btw your blog is amazing. Your writing is so entertaining!!

      Delete
  3. JUST YES. I love analyzing every detail of someones room. And your room is so fun! It's crowded but in an organized sorta way. Well, you've been in my room before but basically its just full of all things I love. I don't think you've seen my new desk which has some sort of backstory that I'll have to ask my dad about... My bookshelf is overflowing and I really gotta reorganize it, and Joy is currently on my bed. I just love my bed. And Joy. I dedicated a wall to Bible verses and another to all things that make me happy, and there is a daisy in a pot on my windowsill that just bloomed the other day :) Then of course the usual layer of hay and dust that comes from owning three guinea pigs. My secret for storage is utilize every single inch of closet space. Like, no joke. My closet is jam packed from floor to ceiling. And guuurl you keep those stuffed animals cause stuffed animals are the best. Just don't let it turn into a hoarding situation. *frantically crams all stuffed animals, blankets and pillows from childhood into separate closet" I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM OKAY. XD

    ReplyDelete