Friday, June 24, 2016

The Library is a Dangerous Place

My sister, Sereina, needed to go to the library the other day. At first, I didn't want to go. I had already accidentally started reading two new books (Blood of Olympus and Cinder) and didn't need the temptation of new books awaiting on the shelves. I don't need any new books to read, I've already got countless others (most of them series) to read once I finish all the other books I'm reading.

Against my better judgement, I went with her. And we had a blast.


First we went through all the movies they had, and I picked up The Imitation Game, a movie that has been highly recommended to me by some friends, and The Theory of Everything, a movie that I've been wanting to see since I first saw the trailer.

I checked the history section, as I always do. Not that I need another book on the Romanovs. I've already bought countless material on them that I've yet to read. I'm kind of a slow reader when it comes to anything educational. It's kinda weird and annoying. But whatevs. I found books on Middle Earth history in the history section. I don't think that's what they meant, but it's all cool.

Then it was to the teen section. I would scan through, pick up a book and read the description, and more times than not, I added it to my pile.


By the time Sereina found me, I'd picked up about five or six new books, and an audiobook. We probably seemed a bit crazy to the other people in the library, because we were giggling madly the entire time. I'd pick up a book, glance at the cheesy romance novel cover, and thrust it back into the shelf.

We discovered the author Ian McEwan. Try saying that five times fast. By that time we were losing it at the most trivial things. I found a novel on Sacajawea that was the same shape as a brick. A very thick brick. It was really funny.

By the time we'd navigated through the tiny teen section (our library is really small) I'd racked up a whopping nine books (and not tiny ones mind you), not to mention the movies and audiobook I'd already grabbed. My plan, in order to get through all these books, is to read at least one hundred pages a day. By this rate I'll have finished Blood of Olympus, Cinder, and Scarlet read in under two weeks. I'd say that's an accomplishment considering I've been in a reading slump until I started The Heros of Olympus series a few months back.

In short, never take me to libraries if you don't want to help me carry out more books that one person should check out from the library at once.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy right now! XD "I picked up The Imitation Game and The Theory of Everything" *Punches the air* YUUUUS! I hope you like them. Be prepared to get the feels with both movies.
    "accidentally started reading two new books (Blood of Olympus and Cinder)" Finally! CINDER! Reading Cinder is never an accident. And if it is, it's a very good one. I just finished the 4th book in the series, "Fairest", and I couldn't put it down. She writes it from the evil queen's pov, and I think you'll like it...
    Sorry, but I just had to rant. ;)
    Elie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, rant away. Fangirling is always welcome on my blog.

      Bring on the feels! *evil laughter*

      Cinder was so good! I've already finished it and Scarlet, and now I'm waiting to get Cress from the library!

      Delete