Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Aspiring Author's Tag

Welcome one, welcome all to the Aspiring Author's Tag! This is my first time creating a tag, and it's rather exciting! The rules are simple:

If you are a writer, and you see this tag, consider yourself tagged
Link back to the blog you found this tag on
Tell the blog you took this tag from that you took it
Answer the 7 questions



- What is Your Main Source for Inspiration?

Really I get inspiration from just about anything, but I think one of my biggest sources would have to be music. Mostly soundtracks and TSFH, though pretty much any music is capable of making me stare glassy eyed at a wall as a creepy grin seeps onto my face, contorting itself with the emotion of the inspiration.

It's kinda weird if someone is in the room while it happens. I usually start screaming "YES YES YESSSSS" while slamming my head on the nearest desk. The point of inspiration is an odd thing.



- Who is One of Your Favorite Characters (that you've created) and Why

(I'm literally making this tag and I don't know how to answer my own questions. Is this a problem? Probably)

First off, I love all my characters, so I'm just going with the first that came to mind.

Dean Waylin.

He's apart of a series I'm writing/planning to write (I'm still on book one). I would say he's my favorite character because his character growth is some of the biggest in the series, considering he's not the protagonist.

Through minor circumstances and a series of bad choices, his life starts to go down a horrible path. No matter how hard he tries, he can't play the victim card. Because everything he's done has been a choice. He loses a lot because of these bad choices. I don't want to say too much more though. I do hope to one day publish this book, and you mustn't know everything.




- Have You Ever Participated in NaNoWriMo?

Yes indeed.

Three years ago my sister convinced me, just a week or two before November, to join National Novel Writer's Month. At first I wasn't sure, I mean back then I had just as many novel idea's, but I still hasn't grasped the idea of pursuing them no matter what. I had tried to write, but have never made it very far.

Then I wrote my first full draft. Rohca Island. I've done NaNoWriMo ever since, and plan to do it this year as well. It's been one of my greatest learning experiences ever, and nothing beats a month of pure adrenalin as you race to keep your word count ahead of your sister, and your manic friend who writes three thousand words without breaking a sweat. I'm lookin' at you Evangeline.


- How Many Novel Idea's Do You Have?

Erm... *goes to Pinterest to check inspiration boards*

Thirteen.

Oops. I never meant to get that many. I had less, until I thought it would be brilliant to practice writing short stories. Basically all of them turned into bigger stories that I had not planned on. It was like a bunch of people sudden came to my house and won't leave until I write about them.



- Pen Name or Real Name?

Rebecca Ricardio de Zardinov Vasquez.

Kidding, that's just ridiculous.

I'll probably use my real name when I get published one day. After all, I'm not like another author I know of, who used a pen name because her real name was hard to remember. Or pronounce even. I'd say Alina Blanchard is pretty easy. Or is it? You tell me. I've had it my whole life, so who am I to say.


- When Did You Start Writing?

Probably seven.

There was a writing club. I wrote a mystery because I'm obsessed with mysteries and have been since infancy. It starred James Bond. Because I liked spies. All the characters were based off my family/people I knew. I even got help from my sister to "bind it" so it's "printed." I was so proud of that thing. I still have it somewhere I believe...

The title of said book? The Mystery of Beautiful Meadow Manor. Yup, I was quite the writer back then.


- What Book Do You Consider to Be Writing Goals?

Harry Potter. Hands down.

I've read the series twice, and it will never cease to inspire me to write and create new worlds. J.K.'s ability to connect everything, and create a world that feels real, is truly inspirational to me. I love to study how she made her characters grow, and pay close attention to what makes each character unique.


There we have it! I just created my first tag, and I didn't die in the process of trying to come up with questions. I'd say that's an accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment